Oregon has abortion services in the I-5 corridor of Western Oregon, primarily in Portland and Eugene. Access to abortion and family planning services is very sparse in the southern and eastern parts of the state. However, there is one clinic in Eastern Oregon (Bend) and another clinic in Southern Oregon (Ashland). Some residents of Southern Oregon choose to travel to Northern California for their procedures.
Click here for a searchable map of all abortion providers in WA, ID, OR and AK.
Public assistance for abortion
Oregon has state funds through the Oregon Health Plan that pay for abortion. Undocumented immigrants are not eligible for Oregon Health Plan.
Other options for abortion funding
- Downtown Women's Clinic clients can receive funds through the National Abortion Federation.
- People who go to Planned Parenthood of the Columbia Willamette in Portland, Bend, Salem or Vancouver may be eligible for PPCW's internal abortion funding.
- Network for Reproductive Options is an abortion fund in Eugene, OR that serves Oregon residents who are not eligible for Oregon Health Plan.
- If you need assistance with transportation and lodging in the Portland area, be sure to tell your abortion provider. Funds may be available through NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon.
- Abortion doula services, as well as assistance with transportation, are available through the Cascade Abortion Support Collective.
Parental consent/notification and waiting periods are not required in Oregon. There are no laws on the books in Oregon that limit how late in the pregnancy abortions can be performed. However, procedures are only available up to 24.5 weeks through Lovejoy Surgicenter.