State health insurance does not pay for abortion
Idaho’s free state health insurance program (Idaho Medicaid) does not pay for abortion unless the procedure is necessary to save a person's life, or the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest. The CAIR Project is not aware of any case in which a person was able to get Idaho Medicaid to pay for an abortion.
Other options for abortion funding
- Contact your abortion clinic to see if help is available through the clinic.
- The Network for Reproductive Options (NRO) is an abortion fund in based in Oregon that serves Idaho residents. You can reach NRO at (541) 513-6607.
The CAIR Project – the Pacific Northwest’s abortion fund
For financial help from CAIR, please call our hotline at 1-888-644-CAIR (2247).
Funding is limited, and we cannot guarantee help to every caller. Grants are sent directly to the abortion clinic.
When you call our hotline, please be prepared to leave a message with:
- Your name and how to spell it
- Phone number, including area code
- How far along you are in the pregnancy
- The date of your abortion appointment
- The best time to call you back
Our trained volunteer advocates will return your call within 24 hours, Monday – Friday. Please note that calls are returned from a blocked number to protect your privacy.
Traveling and need help with lodging and/or rides?
If you're traveling for abortion care, and need assistance with lodging and/or transportation, the Abortion Access Network may be able to help. To learn more, contact The CAIR Project at 1-888-644-2247 (CAIR) and choose option 3 from the menu.